Workers' Compensation


If you are injured on the job, it is important that you:


  • Report the injury to your employer immediately.

  • Obtain medical treatment for your injury as soon as possible.

  • Advise your medical provider that you were injured on the job.

  • Report the injury and accident to your employer and to the North Carolina Industrial Commission as soon as possible. You can report the injury and accident on North Carolina Industrial Commission Form 18.


Under North Carolina workers' compensation laws, you may be entitled to payment of medical bills, 2/3 of your average weekly wage and certain other benefits. Sometimes the insurance company will offer a “clincher” settlement agreement in which they pay you a lump sum of money in exchange for you giving up your rights to make future claims for workers' compensation benefits.


Contact Quinn Law Firm, PLLC for assistance in your workers' compensation claim!